Date: May 9
Location: Anglesey, Wales
Description: The aim of this one-day classroom based program is to give participants the necessary tools to plan and navigate effectively on coastal journeys in moderate ocean conditions. Upon completion, each student should have planned at least two coastal journeys that they can take home as reference for further personal trip planning. This course is designed to compliment areas covered in the BCU 4 Star Sea Award training and is a prerequisite for assessment. The course will cover:
- Interpreting sources of information required to plan trips
- Understanding tides and currents
- Obtaining a weather forecast
- Identifying conditions and their effects on a journey
- Learning simple pilotage techniques
- Planning tasks and practical exercizes
Prerequisites: An understanding of charts and practical navigation.
BCU Information: For syllabus details, visit the BCU North America website.
Contact: For more information, course fees or to register, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.